Healthcare workers and volunteers are often are the frontline responders and face of the outbreak of the community. Their attitude and advice have significant influence on how community members might perceive, accept or reject their advice.
Key points of health action in epidemics that require intensive engagement of communities (affected populations as well as health care workers and frontline responders themselves) include (WHO):
1. Detecting an outbreak and detection of newly infected people (case detection and tracing)
2. Minimizing harmful practices (at individual and community levels) that can increase susceptibility and exposure; and adopting protective practices (medical and nonmedical)
3. Seeking and providing health care as advised (in the household, community and health facility)
4. Re-integrating of survivors back into the community and to minimizing stigma.
5. Identifying and managing misinformation and rumors.
Main article: https://healthylife.werindia.com/your-road-to-healthy-life/community-communication-and-covid-19-outbreak
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: March 18, 2020