Pumpkin belongs to cucumber family and has less calories like any other cucurbitaceae members.
Pumpkin fruit is popular in both eastern and western countries. Sale of pumpkin fruit is highest during Halloween season.
People carve pumpkin and usually throw the seeds. But, you know pumpkin seeds can be a good digestive aid?
What you needs is: For roasting pumpkin seeds, one can use either fresh or dried seeds.
Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add butter (or oil) and melt it. Now add, rinsed and dried seeds (or sun-dried seeds). Allow it to cook while stirring frequently.
Pumpkin seeds will turn golden brown in next 22 minutes and puffed slightly. Continue stirring, add salt and cook for another one minute. Remove roasted, cooked pumpkin seeds and cool for an hour or so. Store in an air tight container.
- It contains protein and zinc -acts as an energy booster.
- With skin intact, it helps in digestion.
- Contains magnesium and promotes heart health.
- It contains omega 3 fats and good for liver, heart and prostate health.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Good for restful sleep because of good amount of tryptophan.
- Helps women body during and after menopause.
- Studies say it might help in insulin regulation and good for diabetes.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: January 31, 2018