Regular exercise, particularly vigorous exercise, appears to offer protection against breast cancer. Exercise can help reduce body fat, which in turn lowers levels of cancer-promoting hormones such as estrogen. The American Cancer Society recommends engaging in 45 – 60 minutes of physical activity at least 5 days a week.
- Choose foods and amounts that promote a healthy weight.
- Eat 5 or more servings of fruits and vegetables each day.
- Choose whole grains instead of refined grain products.
- Limit consumption of processed and red meat.
- Women should limit alcohol consumption to 1 drink per day
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: October 18, 2016