Papaya is a very healthy fruit. These fruits are good for diabetic condition. Papaya contains high amounts of Vitamin C Vitamin A and Vitamin E. Papayas are a good source of fiber and folic acid. Papaya halwa is another delicious and healthy dessert one can try for navratri.
- 1 medium semi ripe papaya or 3.5 to 4 cups of grated papaya
- 2 to 3 tbsp oil or ghee
- 4-5 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp almond powder or milk powder or coconut powder or evaporated milk
- 12-15 halved cashews or as required
- Rinse the papaya and cut and remove the seeds. Remove the skin and chop pulp into small pieces.
- Heat oil or ghee in a pan and add the papaya pieces. Stir and cook on a low flame for about 14-15 minutes. While cooling the fruit will release it juice, change color and loose its opacity.
- Add sugar and stir and, continue to cook for further 18-20 minutes on a low flame.
- Add ground almonds and stir. Cook for 5-6 minutes more till the whole halwa has gotten together and become one whole.
- Add cashews and cook for 1-2 minutes more. Serve papaya halwa hot or warm.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: September 30, 2016
Write a comment