Here is a dish – mango and almond smoothie, that contains combination of two nutrient foods -almond and mango. Almonds rich in protein, improves hemoglobin and promote blood circulation. They also reduce cholesterol and help in prevention of lung and breast cancer. Mango has several rich nutrients including antioxidants, vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin B6 etc. It is rich in fiber and is a immune booster.
- 3 ripe alphonso mangoes
- 15-18 almonds/badam
- 2-3 cardamom or ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- sugar as required
- some ice cubes
- a few mint leaves for garnishing – optional
- Peel and chop the mangoes.
- Crush the cardamom.
- Add the chopped mangoes, almonds, crushed cardamom, sugar and ice cubes in a blender.
- Blend till smooth.
- Pour the smoothie glasses or mugs.
- Top with some chopped mangoes and fresh mint leaves.
- Serve mango almond smoothie.
Published by: Sumana Rao | Posted on: September 30, 2016