Neem tree, Azadirachta indica is tropical evergreen tree. It produces beautiful white flowers. Entire plant parts are used in herbal remedies, in Ayurveda and home remedies for both external and internal uses. It deals with many types of body conditions and can be combined with other medicinal herbs.
Neem contains azadirachtin and antioxidants. Neem leaf powder, neem oil, neem dry flowers, neem bark, neem fresh leaves – all part of the plants are useful for humans. It is also referred as Indian Lilac tree. Having neem tree around house said to bring clean air and removes microbes!
Neem leaf powder is worth having at home. It is good for overall health as it has antimicrobial property and is a good detoxifying agent.
Benefits of having neem leaf powder:
- It removes excess kapha and pitta (according to Ayurveda)
- Detoxifies blood and liver
- Enhances hair growth, reduces and removes dandruff
- Good for skin health, rejuvenates skin, maintains skin complexion
- Good for dental health, prevents decay of teeth and promotes oral health
- Cleanses river and supports immune system
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: May 26, 2020