Kanheri caves is also famous place to visit in Mumbai. Located on the western outskirts of the city, these caves are a collection of rock-cut architecture remains, dedicated to Buddhist religion, culture and art. Kanheri caves have been etched-out from a huge basaltic rock formation and are around 7 km from the main gate of the national park. A total of 109 caves, these were carved between 1st century BCE and 10th century CE and contain carvings of Buddhist scriptures as well as sculptures on the pillars and walls. While most of them were used as Buddhist Viharas for studying, living and meditation, the larger ones were Chaityas or caves for group worship.
Know about WeRIndia
- Male Birth Control Pill Found To Be Effective And Cheap
- DIY Home Remedies To Remove Upper Lip Hair
- March 21st Onwards, Each Zodiac Sign Will Get Affected In The Next Few Weeks!
- Rajgira Poori Recipe | Navratri Special Rajgire Puri Recipe | Navratri Vrat Recipes
- 7 Foods You Should Eat When You Are In A Bad Mood!
- 5 Zodiac Signs Who Will Never Ever Forgive You