We all like to eat because eating foods that we love makes us happy. Then, we all love to eat junk food too. Do you like to eat junk food but afraid to eat? Do not worry – you can always add healthy ingredients to junk food and make it tastier and healthier food. How you can do this? Here are options and examples of converted junk food to healthy food.
- Add healthier ingredients on top.
- Increase the nutritional quality of a recipe by switching to healthier versions of the same ingredients.
- Use whole grains instead of refined grains, such as brown rice instead of white rice. For fatty and high calorie food add additional fiber , vitamin and mineral rich ingredients.
- Make your dish more nutrient-dense by adding healthy ingredients, such as fruits, beans or vegetables.
- Decrease the fat by adding low fat dairy products.
- Use a different cooking method – bake instead of deep-frying. Steam cook vegetables. You can also use other methods to keep the nutrients intact in vegetables – sautéing, braising, broiling and grilling are among the healthier cooking methods.
Recipe modification: www.werindia.com