Recipe by: Mamatha Anil (http://bhakshyabhojana.blogspot.com/)
Mango season it is! And, there are so many varieties of dishes one can prepare using mangoes. Gojju is Karnataka’s special dish where one can savor vegetables like mango, pineapple, bitter gourd, cucumber in a gravy. Mango gojju or sasive – with a mixture of sweet, sour and spicy taste. Best is to use small ripened raw mangoes. If it is not available one can use other mango varieties are available in your regions. Remember to pick up small sized mangoes.
Mango gojju recipe (serves 3 people)
- Ripe wild mangoes 4-5
- Grated coconut ¼ cup
- Green chillies 4-5
- Dry red chilles 2
- Jaggery 3-4 tsp
- Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
- Mustard 1 tsp
- Curry leaf 1 strand
- Asafoetida pinch
- Oil 1 tsp
1. Wash and peel the skin of mango. Take the mangoes in a vessel and slightly mash it. [Do not discard the seed ]
2. Combine grated coconut, mustard, green chillies, water, turmeric powder and salt in a blender and make paste out of it.
3. Pour the paste into the vessel with mashed mangoes, add some water and jaggery, Cook till one boil.
4. Seasoning: Heat oil in a pan, add mustard when it splutter add asafoetida, curry leaves. Pour this into the cooked mango gujju/sasive.
5. This recipe goes well with rice.
Published by: HealthyLife | Posted on: April 22, 2016