Who does not like to have spicy pickles? Indians are very fond of pickles. There are hundreds of types of pickles and the difference lies in ingredients and preparation. Pickles help to bring back taste and helps in digestion of food. Indian spicy pickles are world famous and people who travel a lot would love to carry pickle bottle with them so that they don’t miss home food taste.
1. RAW MANGO PICKEL
Mango pickle is very famous in India and there are many verities of mango pickle. If you find raw green mango grab one mango and prepare mango pickle within 15 minutes. Here is the recipe:
- Raw Mango : 1
- Oil : 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds : 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal : 1/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves : 5-6
- Asafoetida : a pinch
- Red chili powder : 1 tbsp
- Salt : to taste
Method Of Preparation:
- In a wide bowl add red chili powder, salt and cut raw mango. Shake it well so it will mix together evenly.
- Heat oil in a small pan add mustard seeds, urad dal, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Once the seeds sputter remove from heat and add it to mango mixture.
- Mix it all together gently and store it in an air tight container. Keep it in refrigerator.
- You can use it up to 2-3 months.
Reference & Image: http://www.spicytasty.com/veggie-entrees-sides/raw-mango-pickle/
- INSTANT LEMON PICKLE
If someone is sick and his or her tongue lost is taste due to illness then try this instant lemon pickle, which brings back the taste to tongue. This pickle can be consumed with rice porridge, yogurt rice or can mix with rice and ghee.
- Lemons -6
- 1/4cup Red chilly powder-if you don’t want your pickle spicy, use paprika powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- A pinch of Asafoetida
Now roast & grind:
- 1tsp Fenugreek seeds
- 1/2tsp Asafoetida powder
- Sugar can be added to make little sweet.
Wash the lemons and pressure cook it without adding water up to two whistles. Once the steam get released, allow lemons to cool completely and slice the lemons to small pieces. Add the red chilli powder and salt, turmeric powder toss until the lemon quarters get well coated.
Meanwhile dry roast all the ingredients given under the list ‘to roast and grind’, grind as fine powder. Heat enough oil, let splutters the cumin seeds, add immediately to prepared spiced lemon quarters and grounded powder. Cook until they get thickens, turn off the stove. Let them get cool completely and store them in a bottle. Enjoy this homemade pickles anytime.
Reference & Image: http://bhavnaskitchen.com/
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: July 29, 2022