One of the most popular Chinese dishes is Hakka noodles. Hakka noodles made from unleavened dough of wheat or rice flour. Noodles cooked in boiling water is further stir-fried with vegetables on high flame. The slight smoky flavor adds to the taste. Noodles are high in carbohydrates and good as a lunch or an evening snack item for children to give energy to tired young body. Adding varieties of vegetables will bring more taste into hakka noodles.
- Hakka Noodles – 1 Pack
- Garlic – 1 tsp
- Ginger – 1 tsp
- Spring onion – ¼ cup
- Small cut carrot – ¼ cup
- Small cut green beans – ¼ cup
- Grated/chopped cabbage – ¼ cup
- Colorful capsicum – ¼ cup
- Green Chili Sauce – 1 Tbsp
- Crushed pepper – 1 tsp
- Soy Sauce – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Chopped cilantro – 2 Tbsp
- Oil – 3 Tbsp.
- Olive oil – 1 tsp
Optional: Vinegar – 1 tsp.
- Cut/break noodles to medium size pieces. Boil water in broad, deep pan and add salt and 1 tsp olive oil. To boiling water add noodles – noodles should take up to 10-15 minutes to cook. Before it cooks too much remove and transfer noodles to a colander.
- Hold colander with noodles under running water to remove any wax coating that might be present on hakka noodles.
- Transfer noodle to a vessel and add a tsp of olive oil to prevent stickiness.
- Get ready with all vegetables. Separate white and green portions of spring onion.
- On high heat place a frying pan, add oil. To heated oil add garlic, ginger and white portion of spring onion.
- Except capsicum add all other cut vegetables and sauté for few minutes, let vegetables cook slightly. Now add capsicum and continue sauting few more minutes. Vegetables including capsicum should not be overcooked – for better taste veggies should be cooked crunchy.
- Now add soya and green chili sauce followed by little salt. Mix vegetables well. If you prefer add vinegar.
- Add crushed pepper to cooked noodles and mix once. Now add cooked vegetables and place it on high flame and toss it couple of times.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and green portion of spring onion. Serve hot with your choice of mild or hot sauce.
- Do not over cook hakka noodles and vegetables
- Add all suggested vegetables for better taste
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: July 31, 2019