Carrot contains good amount of valuable nutrients and soluble fiber, so also is the bean. Beet root has many health benefits – good for liver and good for skin! Potato known to have carbohydrates and is a stomach filling vegetable. Combine all these four vegetables and add some peas to make a healthy, yummy vegetable cutlet.
Kids will sure love this one. It contains less fat and good amount of nutrients. Easy to make at home for evening snacks or send it in lunch box on school days with some tomato ketchup or tamarind chutney!
Preparation and cooking time: 40 minutes.
Ingredients for 14 cutlets
- 2 medium size carrot
- 2 medium size potato
- 1 medium size beet root
- 6 Beans
- 1/4 cup Peas
To make paste:
- Garlic 1 clove cut into small pieces
- Fennel seeds 1 tsp
- Green chili – 2-3
- Coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
- One medium size cut onion
Grind all five ingredients (6-10) and keep aside.
To dip: 2 tbsp all purpose flour mixed with 1/2 cup water
Powder: Take 3-4 slices of bread & powder them. (you can also use breads crumbs)
- Finely cut all the vegetables.
- Wash and pressure-cook with little bit of water, turmeric powder & salt.
- Drain the excess water and smash cooked vegetable & keep it aside
- On a frying pan heat one tablespoon of oil.
- Fry onions until it turns into brown and the grinded paste.
- Add smashed vegetables & fry till it gets thickened. Wait to cool.
- Make small balls with cooked vegetable and dip in the all purpose flour mix. Smear bread crumbs or bread powder and spread them in the plate or paper to dry.
- Deep -fry in oil or keep in oven (350F) until both the sides turn into brown.
- Serve with tomato ketchup or green chutney or tamarind chutney.
Published by: HealthyLife | Posted on: February 22, 2016