Do you have problem digesting the same old, fried foods? Are you looking for some snack that should be healthy, tasty and delicious? Why wait ?…try this healthy veggie recipe that contains two of the most healthiest plants – Spinach and broccoli.
Both spinach and broccoli are rich with nutrients, vitamins and known to reduce cholesterol. Both have soluble fiber and rich source of iron and vitamin K. Kids does not like to eat broccoli or spinach because they feel both are tasteless. This recipe is a kid’s friendly recipe, can be served with bread rolls, and is good fit for the lunch box too.
What ingredients you need?
- Finely chopped spinach – baby spinach or regular – 1 & 1/2 cup
- Chopped broccoli florets – 1/2 cup
- Carrot grated – 1/4 cup
- Ginger grated – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds -1/2 tsp
- Green chilies chopped – 2
- Chickpea flour or basin – 1/2 cup
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oats -1/2 cup
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp (optional – one can replace this with cumin and asafetida)
- Lemon juice – 1& 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Salt – to taste
- Chopped cilantro – for garnishing
- In a bowl add all the above ingredients , mix and knead. Then tightly squeeze till you get a nice ball or dough.
- Make patties using your palms.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat and add very little oil (vegetable oil is preferred for kids)
- Once the oil is heated, place the patties in the pan and cook them on medium flame. When patties turns golden brown on both sides remove them and place in a hot box.
- Place the patties on plates, garnish with grated carrots, and chopped cilantro.
- Serve patties with ketchup or green chutney.
- For lunch box – place patties between the bread rolls along with little ketchup!