Red capsicum chutney tastes very good for idli, dosa, sandwiches, paneer paratha and for many more. Quick and easy to make.
Prep Time : 10 mins, Cook Time : 15 mins , Serves: 3
- Red Bell Pepper – 1, chopped into 1″ pieces
- Tomatoes – 2 large, sliced
- Channa dal – 1 1/2 tbsps
- Dry red chilies – 2
- Green chilies – 1
- Cumin – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsps
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil – 1 1/2 tbsps
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon urad dhal
- 3 curry leaves
- 1 dry red chill
- Pinch hing
- Heat 1 1/2 tsps of oil in a vessel. Once the oil is hot, reduce flame, add chana dal, cumin and red chilies and saute till the dal turns light brown. Add green chilies and coriander leaves and saute for 2 mts. Remove the contents from the vessel and keep aside to cool.
- In the same vessel, add a tbsp of oil, add the red bell pepper pieces and saute for 6 mts. Add the tomatoes and saute for 9-10 mts on low to medium flame. Turn off heat and cool.
- Blend the dal-red chilies mixture till coarse. Then add the cooled ingredients (tomatoes and red bell peppers) along with salt and grind to a fine paste. Remove into a serving bowl.
- Heat a tsp of oil in a small pan, add the mustard seeds and allow them to splutter. Add the curry leaves, red chilies and asafoetida and turn off heat.
- Pour this tempering over the chutney and serve with idli or dosa.
Red Bell Pepper Tomato chutney is an easy to make pachadi. A gem among South Indian vegetarian recipes, it works well as a dip or spread over sandwiches.
Image courtesy: http://flavoursiluv.blogspot.com/
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: April 23, 2015