1) Caluiflower florets
2) Brussel sprouts or string beans
3) 2 Green chillies
3) Cut garlic cloves
4) Pine nuts
5) Cumin seeds
6) Turmeric powder (optional)
8) Olive oil or vegetable oil
- Roast the pine nuts in an oven to golden color and set aside to cool down or microwave for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Take out outer leaves of cauliflower head and separate small florets.
- Slice brussels sprouts into half or quarter. Or cut string beans to half (more than an inch long)
- In a heated roasting pan put olive oil or vegetable oil. Add few cumin seeds followed by sliced green chillies. Add florets and cut sprouts or beans. Roast for 25–30 minutes, until the florets and sprouts/ beans are tender and turn slight brown with crispy edge. Add little salt and stir.
- To give some color add little turmeric powder and stir for couple of more minutes.
- Transfer the roasted vegetables to a serving bowl; add the pine nuts/
- Add roasted garlic cloves
- Serve with Basmathi jeera (cumin rice): Preparation of cumin rice: In a rice cooking pot prepare basmathi rice with few cumin seeds. Add half spoon olive oil or clarified butter (ghee) while cooking.
Published by: HealthyLife | Posted on: May 24, 2015