Quinoa is one of the healthiest nutrient rich food on earth! Quinoa is a preferred fiber rich food in many diets. It not only promotes weight loss, also improves blood sugar and cholesterol levels. There are many ways we can cook and eat quinoa. To name a few recipes: Quinoa pulav, quinoa salad, quinoa fritters, quinoa khichadi etc. Quinoa can be mixed with varieties of vegetables to prepare different dishes.
We are presenting another recipe using quinoa . A simple, yummy recipe with cauliflower and cheese is a good snack item. You can either bake them or deep fry them. Try quinoa balls with cauliflower and get benefits of eating quinoa!
- Quinoa 2/3 cup
- Cauliflower florets – grated 1 cup
- Cheese – ¼ cup
- Chopped cilantro – 2 Tbsp
- Chickpea flour (Besan) –3/4 cup
- Green chilli – 1 finely chopped
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 2 cloves finely chopped
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- In a bowl soak quinoa overnight
- Cook quinoa to tender for about 5-10 minutes, drain the water
- Transfer quinoa back to same cooking pan, on low heat fluff quinoa by covering lid for another 3-5 minutes. Turn off heat and cool quinoa
- In a bowl mix cooked quinoa, cauliflower , cheese and rest of the ingredients.
- Prepare small balls of quinoa cauliflower
- To cook – either you can deep fry the quinoa balls or bake in the oven at 375° for 30 minutes until they turn golden brown.
- Remove and serve hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: December 3, 2020