An important staple food potato or varieties of potatoes are highly nutritious and are rich in fibers. Potatoes have the ability to reduce blood pressure. This ability of potato is due to a compound namely kukoamines. Potatoes are one of the cheapest universal crops to produce and are available year-round. With all the low carb diet and high protein diet etc, potatoes have gained low priority in the vegetable list. What many people do not realize is that this nutrient-dense tuber contains a variety of vitamins, minerals and phytochemical that wards off disease and benefit human health. Moreover, it is easy to prepare dishes using potatoes and these tubers can be a substitute for many costly vegetables. For example manchurian is a popular dish made of either cauliflower or baby corns. Instead of these two vegetables one can use easily available potatoes and make delicious potato manchurian.
Try yourself this simple recipe.
1. 1 Large Potato
2. 1/2 Capsicum
3. 1 Cup Maida
4. 1/2 Cup Rice Flour
5. 1/2 tsp chili powder
6. Salt to taste
7. 2-3 Chopped green chilies
8. 2-3 Cloves of Garlic
9. 1 Large onion chopped
10. Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
11. 3 tsp Soya Sauce
12. 4 tsp Tomato Ketchup/tomato sauce
1. Mix maida, rice flour, chilli powder and salt using water.
2. Peel the potato and cut into small pieces. Dip the Potato pieces in the mixture and deep fry till golden brown.
3. Keep aside on a tissue paper.
4. Heat oil in another pan and add onion and garlic let it saute for two minutes till light reddish brown. Add green chillis and saute for few minutes.
5. Add capsicum, 2 tsp soya sauce, 3 tsp tomato sauce or tomato ketchup and little salt.
6. Add fried Potato and mix well.
7. Let it cook for 5 minutes and garnish it with coriander leaves.
8. Aloo Manchurian is ready to eat.
Recipe by: Mamatha Anil @ http://bhakshyabhojana.blogspot.com/