Deepavali double dhamaka for our readers!! Celebrate your Deepavali /Diwali with two easy to make sweets. A traditional sweet from India -Badam burfi and for chocolate lovers truffles made out of ginger and chocolates.
Badam or almonds have best nutritional value and very rich in protein. This homemade badam burfi reduces body pain and inflammation ! It is good for hair growth and for skin too.
And, dark chocolate is aphrodisiac and is good for heart! Mixed with ginger taste ginger – chocolate truffles is one delicious treat for everybody.
Here are recipes of both sweets!!
Ginger- Chocolate Truffles
- Double cream =200 ml
- Chocolates (dark) = 300 gms
- Ginger powder = 1 Tbs
- Cinnamon powder = 1 Tbs
- Ginger biscuits = 150 grams
- On low to medium heat, boil the double cream
- When cream comes to a boil, add chocolates
- As the chocolate melts, stir and mix both ingredients well
- Once both ingredients mixed well add ginger and cinnamon powders and mix well
- Remove from heat and chill in refrigerator for 3 hours
- Take ginger biscuits and using a food processor powder the biscuits
- Now take out the chocolate-cream mix and prepare golf ball sizes small balls and dip in the powdered biscuits. Powder has to stick to the balls evenly.
- Now Gingerbread Chocolate Truffles are ready to eat.
Badam (Almond) Burfi
- 1/2 cup of almonds (badam)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 to 3 Tbs of clarified butter or ghee
- Little cardamom powder
- Saffron – little
- Take cup of almonds and soak in hot water for about 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes take out the almonds and remove the skin
- Transfer almonds to a mixer container and add milk. Grind and prepare fine badam paste
- Remove badam paste and measure the amount
- Take same amount of sugar in a cup*
* Amount of sugar and almond paste should be 1:1
- Place a pan on a medium heat and transfer the almond paste and sugar into it. Mix well both ingredients
- Now add 2 Tbs of clarified butter or ghee and little cardamom
- Keep stiring the mixture till the burfi mixture becomes thick and roll into a mass and separates from the pan
- Transfer this hot mix to a previously greased pan
- Using a spoon spread the mix on the pan with a thickness of about 1/ 2 inch
- Allow it to cool for little time. When burfi is still warm, cut into diamond shape. Sprinkle saffron on top of the cut pieces
- Share and serve badam burfi with family and friends.
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: October 27, 2016