Hibiscus watermelon juice is a good option to beat summer heat and quench your thirst. Hibiscus plant provides many health benefits. Both leaves and flowers have medicinal properties and can be used for culinary purposes. Hibiscus flower juice is good for reducing body inflammation, for detoxifying, good for heart conditions and helps to rejuvenate hair. Watermelon is a summer season fruit. It helps to cool the body and keeps thirst under control by hydrating the body. It is also known to reduce muscle soreness and inflammation. By combining Hibiscus and watermelon we can prepare healthy juice at home. This juice is perfect for summer heat.
- Hibiscus flowers -25-30
- Watermelon cubes – 2 cups
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Sugar – ¼ cup
- Cardamom powder – Pinch
- Crushed pepper – ¼ tsp
- Water – 2.5 cups
- Collect and wash hibiscus flowers. Separate petals.
- Keep one cup water for boiling, turn off the heat and add hibiscus petals. Do not boil petals. Let petals steep in hot water for few minutes. Allow water to cool.
- Mash petals using a spoon.
- Grind watermelon cubes and extract juice.
- Strain hibiscus water and mix with watermelon juice.
- To Hibiscus watermelon mix add lemon juice, sugar, cardamom powder, crushed pepper – stir well. Let sugar dissolve completely. Now add rest of the water, mix well and serve.
*Adjust sweet according to your requirement. You can replace sugar with jaggery.
** Red and pink hibiscus flowers are known for their medicinal properties.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: April 7, 2022