Soon we are into summer season and exposure to severe heat can lead to dehydration of the body. One way to avoid dehydration is drink to water which is natural and good for health. Sometimes we all need change in taste and our system wants more than water. Instead of surrendering to soda or any other carbonated drinks go for mint-lemon-jaggery drink. Add a pinch of salt into this drink, you will get your energy back.
Cucumber is no calorie vegetable and will available fresh in farmers market. Use cucumber to get rid of heat from the body. Cucumber juice with mint, lemon and jaggery tastes good and keeps you cool and calm.
Mint-Lemon-Jaggery juice (sharabat)
- Mint – few fresh leaves
- Jaggery – ¼ cup
- Lemon juice – 3 Tbsp
- Cardamom powder – pinch
- Salt – very little ( couple of pinches)
- Water – 4 cups
- Wash fresh mint leaves and coarse grind the leaves. Using fresh mint leaves enhances the flavor.
- Dissolve jaggery in one cup water
- Squeeze lemon to get juice
- In a vessel transfer crushed mint leaves, add jaggery water and lemon juice. Mix well. Add remining water.
- Add cardamom powder and little salt mix well.
- Store the juice in fridge for 5 minutes.
- Serve mint lemon jaggery juice. Adjust sweetness according to your needs.
Cucumber-lemon-mint – jaggery juice
- Cucumber – 1 Medium size
- Mint – crushed few leaves
- Lemon juice – 2 Tbsp
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Jaggery – 1/2 cup
- Salt – little
- Peel outer skin of cucumber, cut into small pieces and grind with little water – before grinding taste a piece of cucumber to make sure it is not bitter.
- Mix cucumber juice, crushed mint leaves, lemon juice, jaggery powder and salt in a vessel.
- Store in refrigerator for about 5 minutes and serve the cucumber-lemon-mint juice.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: April 21, 2022