Another healthy, nutritious food for all is here. Commonly known as hara- dhania paratha or cilantro chapati that has good herb cilantro (coriander) as one of the main ingredient. This is easy to prepare and preparation time takes less time.
- Wheat flour – 2 cups
- Cilantro finely chopped – 1 cup
- Green chili – 1 (finely chopped)
- Tumeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Ginger – 1 teaspoon (grated)
- Chili powder – ½ teaspoon
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Water – as required
- Butter/oil or clarified butter
- Chop coriander leaves into small pieces. Keep aside.
- To begin making the coriander parathas, combine all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Add a little water at a time and knead to make a firm and smooth dough. Drizzle a teaspoon of oil over the dough and knead for a couple of minutes until the dough is smooth.
- Keep the dough covered in a bowl for at least 10 minutes before you can start making the paratha.
- Divide the dough in 10 to 12 portions. Take each paratha ball, roll it out into a round circle, by dusting in flour to prevent it from sticking.
Now, heat the flat iron skillet on medium heat for a few minutes.
- Place the rolled paratha dough on the heated skillet and cook the paratha on medium heat until you notice it starts puffing up slightly in spots. At this point smear some ghee or oil over the parathas and flip and cook in the other side. Cook on both sides.
- Serve these delicious Coriander Parathas along with raitha or pickle of your choice.
Published by: HealthyLife | Posted on: March 28, 2017