An interesting and healthy way to eat potato is with herbs. Pudina or mint is an aromatic herb that gives good taste and aroma for the food. Mix mint paste to boiled potatoes and you will get a tasty dish – Aloo Mint stir fry!
Prepare this special stir fry with simple ingredients and serve hot as a side dish or as an appetizer in the party!
What you need?
1. Potatoes (medium sized or small ones) 5-8
2. Fresh mint -1/4 cup
3. Coriander – 1/2 cup
4. Green chillies – 2 or 3
5. Mango powder -2 tsp
6. Chilli powder – 1 tsp
7. Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
9. Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
10. Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
11. Curry leaves – 1 string
12. Cooking oil
1. Boil potatoes and peel the skin. If you are using medium sized potatoes cut them into 4 pieces. Small potatoes can be used intact after removing the skin.
2. Wash and grind mint, coriander and green chilies into a paste.
3. Heat oil in a frying vessel. Add cumin, mustard and curry leaves and get ready with seasoning.
4. Add mint paste and stir fry till it starts giving a good aroma.
5. Now add all the spices in it and stir.
6. Now add potatoes and gently mix.
7. Add little water and simmer until potatoes absorb all the water.
8. Serve hot pudina -potatoes with jeera rice, chapatti, roti, naan or as an appetizer!
Published by: HealthyLife | Posted on: March 6, 2017