Tool box, tool kit or utility drawer at home must have several things that are helpful and comes handy.
It makes life easy and better.
- Flashlight: Small or big one should always have a flashlight. If you don’t have space, go for small LED flashlight and it comes in handy. It might be small but gives powerful bright light.
- Tape measure: You will need it if you are into building something or bringing new furniture to home or for putting up pictures.
- Extra batteries: Have few sizes assorted batteries for flashlight, remotes, garage door opener, home security system, alarm, clocks etc.
- Lighter: You might need it to light lamps, gas stove, candles or for outdoor barbecue or a picnic. Don’t forget fire place needs one too if you have wood burning fire place.
- Match box: Keep one or two match boxes always at home. If power goes off to light candles, lamps or to light fire place etc it is helpful.
- Candles: Few candles should be stored in tool drawer. Keep candles in a Ziploc bag and during emergency, when there is no power or for dinner you might need it.
- Sewing kit: You need it always. When you lose a button or repair jeans, blouse – you definitely need one.
- Safety pins: Well, safety pins can save you from embarrassment from wardrobe malfunction. Keep few assorted sizes of safety pins always. It helps to drag cloth string too!
- Hammer: Keep two different size hammers. To hang pictures and sometimes to break things and nuts.
- String /twine: You might need string to close bag, to tie plants, or to keep things together.
- Cutting pliers: Toolboxes will have one, but have couple of different size pliers. They always come in handy – in emergencies. To fix fixtures, to tighten or loosen nuts etc.
- Screw driver: Need for fixing many things at home. To loosen or to tighten the bolts, to remove tin cover, for furniture assembly etc.
- Scotch tape: Keep extra scotch tapes. Once the scotch tape dispenser is empty, you know where to find them.
- Duct tape: Very useful for many things – to keep things in place, for boxes, to bind materials, remove pet hair to hold things etc.
- Box cutter: Having a box cutter is good, you don’t need to touch kitchen knives for opening boxes or to cut paper or plastic.
- Rubber bands: Always useful for many purposes. If you open a vegetable bag, to close use rubber band. Rubber band can be used to keep things tidy.
- Clips: Different types of clips – for chips bag, for papers you need them. Binder clips are helpful for paper organization.
- Glue: Super glue, paper glue, art glue – all you need for different purposes.
- Pens and pencils – Both should be in drawer as you need them always.
- Pins – Push pins, simple pins are essential too. If you have habit of painting, into art, using display board then you will need push pins and thumbtacks both.
- Scissor: Keep a pair of scissors for everyday use.
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: June 14, 2018