A home is where the heart is! Who does not want their home to look beautiful? When we live in a house, we want it to be perfect and welcoming with gracious colors.
Selecting wallpaper or paints depends on one’s preferences. Sometimes we need some advice on color selections. Grandma has some suggestions related to painting.
Based on our personality, needs and moods colors can be selected.
Paint color selections and tips for painting your home – are listed below.
- If you are fond of colored walls in your house then, use easy to apply removable wallpaper. Choose pattern you love and decorate accordingly. After sometime if you feel bored you can easily remove the wall paper and get a new one. Do not forget to recycle the old one!
- If you are going to paint the house – remember – The glossier the paint, the easier it is to clean up.
- When you are ready to paint the walls, use softest hue pain in rooms if you want natural light feeling. Like in kitchen, you need use light and soft color. This gives clarity to the work you do at kitchen.
- In small places like powder room or bathroom use bolder color paint, this makes room comfortable.
- To feel uplifted use yellow color in the living room – it is not the easy color to use for decoration. However, right selection of yellow paint brings sunny and uplifting look for the room.
- Do you know orange works best when used in moderation – it makes a bold statement on a single wall, chimney breast or stairwell. Keep walls and woodwork bright white and use orange sparingly as an accent color.
- If you have a green house – use green and white combination of paints. When you keep plants it makes the room more elegant and feels like spending more time with plants – which is healthy for you!
- For smaller rooms use blue or grey color paints. Blue color gives calm and restful rather than chilly and strict appearance.
- To keep it clean with small children and high traffic at home – like in a playroom, or tends to get grease on the wall such as in a kitchen, opt for high gloss sheen as you can easily wipe the wall down with a damp sponge. Kids can play without any fear of ruining the wall or paint!
- In case you are thinking of selling the house then, paint house with white or off-white color as the choice for walls.
- Do you know the concept of neutral color has changed – Apart from beige and white there are other colors are added to neutral color list. Neutral colors offer elegance and flexibility within a room. For example almond walls with red toned browns on the trim give neutral look for the house!
- If you are prone to anxiety, avoid more intense colors for the home walls.
1. Cover the floor with drop cloths. Definitely do not forget this. You will fling paint somewhere random, no matter how daintily you paint.
2. Fill any holes or imperfections in the drywall with spackling paste
3. Make sure the walls are clean by wiping off all the dust or grime with a damp cloth.
4. Remove all outlet plates.
5. If you have areas that you don’t want painted, you can use painter’s tape to prevent paint from getting on those areas.
6. Prime if needed.
7. Wash your hands properly. If needed while painting use a mask to avoid inhaling any toxins from the paint.
Image credit: Photo by Monica Silvestre from Pexels
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: March 2, 2017