This week grandma has some more cooking tips that makes your life easy while cooking in kitchen.
Add these 15 easy cooking tips to your list and keep it handy.
- While cooking lentil add a tea spoon of cooking oil with water. Adding little oil helps lentil to cook properly.
- Before boiling milk rinse vessel in water once. Little water vapor in milk container avoids cream sticking to container side.
- To remove extra salt from soup or sambar add few pieces of potato and boil the dish.
- To avoid eggplant turning black, put few one or two tsp of milk in water and immerse cut pieces in this water containing milk.
- To avoid smashing eggplant while cooking, after immersing water remove pieces and dry them on a paper towel for couple of hours.
- While frying fritters add a tea spoon of clarified butter (ghee) in oil. Oil will not splash due to change in density.
- While boiling potato add little salt. This will make peeling boiled potato skin easy.
- While preparing tea, add little ginger, black pepper and cardamom powder. This gives good taste as well as reduces mouth odor.
- Soak entire onion in cold water for few minutes and then proceed with cutting. This reduces your crying!
- Planning to cook pasta? Presoak pasta in a sealed bag in water for few minutes and pasta cooks well.
- While preparing pastry dough, grate frozen butter straight in the dough. This makes butter distribution even in dough.
- Have an apple slicer? Use it for cutting potato into perfect, equal shape.
- Avoid using glass cutting boards. They take away knife sharpness and also can be slippery to cut certain vegetables and fruits.
- If a recipe/dessert calls for chocolate chips, instead of buying chocolate chips, cut a chocolate bar, it gives unequal distribution of chocolate pieces and makes it more attractive.
- To keep lemons for many days, store them in refrigerator. Before using, place them in warm water and then cut to get more juice.
Grandma’s tips: www.healthylife.werindia.com
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: March 5, 2018