Several reasons can be attributed for dark circles under eyes.
Stress, exhaustion, nasal allergies, oversleeping or less sleep, exposure to heat and Sun, exposure to dust and pollution, too much constipation, staring at computer screen for long hours, low energy level or might be due other health conditions.
Having dark circles gives a tired and aged look.
There are few home remedies one can try to reduce black circles:
- Sweet almond oil: Using finger tips apply little sweet almond oil on dark circle and gently massage while massaging with finger tips. Do this before going to bed and leave it overnight. Wash eyes morning with slightly warm water.
- Aloe vera gel: Take out Aloe vera gel and wash it seven to eight times. Apply washed gel under the eyes. Massage on dark circles using finger tips. Leave it for half an hour and clean eye using moist cotton pad.
- Coconut oil: Take few drops of coconut oil and apply under the eyes. Massage both clock and anti-clock wise. Leave it for half an hour to one hour and wash eyes using slightly warm water.
- Castor oil: Castor oil not only helps to remove dark circle, it also helps to grow eye lashes. Take few drops castor oil and apply under eyes. Leave it overnight and wash eyes in the morning with slightly warm water.
- Rose water: Soak cotton balls in rose water and place under eyes. Leave it for few minutes and wash using cold water.
- Olive oil and turmeric: Mix little olive oil and turmeric. Make a paste and apply over dark circles. Leave it for 20 minutes and wash using warm water. Similarly, you can use sweet almond oil and turmeric mix too.
- Kumkumadi oil : This oil contains saffron as one of the main ingredient. Take 3-5 drops of Kumkumadi oil and gently apply over the dark circle and massage slightly. Leave it for 15 minutes and wash using slightly warm water.
- Cucumber slices: Cut cucumber to round, thick slices. Keep slices in refrigerator for 15 minutes. Place it on dark circle and on eyes. Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes and wash eyes.
- Green tea bags: Take green tea bags and dip in hot water for few minutes. Let it seep. Remove tea bags and refrigerate them for few minutes to cool. Place cool tea bags on eyes for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove and wash your eyes.
- Lemon juice and cream: Collect milk cream and store in refrigerator for 10 minutes. To this cold cream add little lemon juice. Mix both ingredients well and apply on dark circle gently. Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes and wash using warm water.
When you apply any of the above remedy, make sure remedy mix not get into your eyes.
If you are exposed to too much pollution, after you reach home, wash your face and clean under eyes using a cotton ball.
Then treat dark circles with any one of the above remedy. Drink plenty of water and get good sleep to keep away from dark circles under eyes.
www.healthylife.werindia.com – Grandma’s remedies
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: December 25, 2019