During summer time apart from drinking good lemon juice, coconut water, fresh fruit juice try jaljeera drink.
It is common all natural ingredient drink from North Indian regions.
Street vendors keep jaljeera in earthen pots to keep the drink cool. It also will be served generally with golgappa or pani puri.
Jaljeera drink contains good stuffs that help to overcome indigestion and keeps intestine toxin free.
What ingredients present in jaljeera?
- Cumin seeds -1.5 tsp
- Fennel seeds- 1 tsp
- Dry mango powder (amture powder) -1/2 tsp
- Black pepper -1/2 tdp
- Ginger – ½ inch
- Black salt – as per your taste
- Tamarind – ½ Tbs
- Fresh mint – ¾ cup
- Coriander chopped -1/2 cup
- Asafetida – little
- Lemon juice or tamarind juice
- Cardamom powder – little
- Boondi – for taste ½ cup
To prepare jaljeera:
- Prepare masala powder using these ingredients – cumin, fennel, black salt, black pepper, cardamom and amchur.
- Grind mint, ginger and coriander leaves to a paste.
- Now mix all grinded paste, masala powder, asafetida and add lemon juice.
- Add 3 to 4 cups of chilled water and strain mix if needed.
- Keep jaljeera in the fridge to chill it further.
- Add boondi and pinch of chaat masala while serving.
If you see list of ingredients that goes in jaljeera preparation, all ingredients have good medicinal benefit.
- Cumin: Reduces bloating and gas
- Ginger: Reduces nausea, abdominal cramps, arthritis, gas and bloating. Reduces body inflammation.
- Amchur powder: Contains Vitamin C and boosts energy
- Asafetida : Reduces gas and indigestion
- Black salt: Helps in easy digestion of food. Reduces heart burn and removes toxins
- Mint: Reduces indigestion and gas. It acts as coolant and soothing herb. It increases bile flow and eased digestion. And, another benefit of mint is it fights cholesterol.
- Coriander: Reduces gas and bloating. It is a very good coolant and helps in removing toxins by improving kidney function.
- Tamarind juice: Reduces constipation and helps in digestion. It also supplies Vitamin C
- Fennel: It contains fiber that helps to lower cholesterol in blood. It also eases indigestion and promotes healthy digestion. Fennel also known to reduce fat in the body.
- Cardamom powder: Even though the amount is less, cardamom helps to keep mouth fresh and reduces nausea.
One of the main reason to drink jaljeera is to reduce fat and burn the calories. Try making jaljeera at home to get all the above benefits.
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: March 7, 2018