Once we apply makeup, our appearance changes. However, keeping the healthy skin beneath the make up is a challenge! People visit beauticians to do the facials. If you do not like to visit a beautician and would like to take care of your skin, then try some of grandma’s skin care solutions. These solutions mentioned here are traditional and natural methods of skin care tips that generations are practicing from centuries. If you are afraid of using this, we suggest you to test in a small patch of skin and if there is no reaction then continue with the given tips.
Home Remedies for Dark Circles
There are a lot of home remedies which will help your dark circles to disappear. Glance quickly at some of the home remedies for coping with dark circles.
• Cutting cucumber slices, putting it on the eyes and relaxing for about 20 minutes is a very effective method to prevent dark circles.
• Try to drink 8-10 glasses of water every day as this will help your dark circles to fade away.
• Make a paste of turmeric powder and pineapple juice. Apply this paste on the dark circles and keep it for some time. Wash with warm water.
• A good sleep of 8 hours is very necessary in prevention or reduction of dark circles. It is a recommendation for avoiding dark circles.
• Daily consumption of tomato juice with mint leaves, lemon and salt is considered very helpful. Also it can be a good remedy.
• Make cucumber juice or potato juice and put it under your eyes with help of cotton balls. It proves to be very effective.
Blackheads home remedies:
- Steaming is also beneficial as it opens and softens the pores for easy removal of blackheads.
- Make a scrub of salt, lemon and honey; yogurt can also be added to it. Scrub the face for 5-10 minutes and later wash the face and pat it dry. Good Home Remedy for Blackheads
- Warm honey and apply on the blackheads, wash the face after 10-15 minutes.
- Application of undiluted lemon juice 2-3 times a day on the affected areas will remove blackheads.
- Apply grated potatoes as paste for 10 mins to remove blackheads.
How to get rid of Acne:
Acne is an everyday problem, especially if you are blessed with oily skin. In order to get rid of them, you could try these face packs.
Turmeric or haldi is known to have many medicinal properties. Being a natural cosmetic, it is also used to beautify skin.
- Take turmeric powder (haldi) and add a few drops of water and lemon juice to it.
- Apply it on the acne and leave it for 15 minutes before washing it off with cold water.
Facial hair removal:
- Apply dry turmeric powder to face. Avoid eye area.
For glowing skin:
For years, mothers and grannies have used besan or gram flour to treat minor skin problems, even though many cosmetic products are available in the market today.
Besan is good for all skin types, along with other ingredients, adds that perfect glow to your face, here’s how.
- Make a pack of gram flour (besan) with turmeric, lemon drops and some milk cream (malai).
- Apply this over your face and keep it on for 15-20 minutes
- Wash off with tap water and pat dry.
- It is a known fact that orange peels do more good than the orange itself. Another way to add radiance to your skin is by using orange peels with ground pink dal (masoor ki daal)
- Add a little honey or curd to orange peels and dal and grind well to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on your face and keep it for 20 minutes.
- Wash off with tap water and pat dry.
Grandma says try these skin care techniques to remove dead skin cells.
Lemon juice contains citric acid which works as a natural exfoliant and helps remove dead cells.
- Mix the juice of 1 lemon with 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Add 5 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon honey
- Apply this mix onto face, massage in circular motion
- Rinse clean with warm water
Another skin fair skin recipe that grandma suggests is using our beloved turmeric and honey.
- Take a tsp each of turmeric and honey and mix with a tsp of glycerin
- Apply this on the face and arms – leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash face and arms using warm water.
- Repeat this once a week or once in two weeks to keep fair skin!
Here is a royal recipe for all that encourages skin clearing, brightening, and softening of the skin, What you need for this?
- 2 tbsp. gram flour (besan)
- A pinch of turmeric (haldi)
- A pinch of ground sandalwood
- 2 tbsp. of rose water
- 2 tbsp. of milk
- Mix all of the ingredients together to create a paste.
- Apply it to your face and keep it on until it dries (15–20 minutes).
- Rinse off with warm water.
For dry, itchy skin:
- Bathe in your breakfast! Although oatmeal is a centuries-old skin soother, researchers only recently recognized the avenanthramides in oats as the key compounds that calm inflamed, itchy skin. Put whole oats in a clean, dry sock. Seal the open end with a rubber band, and then drop the sock into a warm or hot bath. Soak yourself for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Reduce salt intake – salt causes more dryness by reducing water content in the body that causes dry skin itching.
- Apply coconut oil or sesame oil everyday and take bath after an hour.
- You can also use turmeric, glycerin and honey mix to keep away dryness of the skin.
- Add few drops of coconut oil in the water that you are going take bathe from. This keeps skin moisture and reduces itching.
Read more at: Healthylife.werindia.com