Face mask sheets help to hydrate skin without much effort. For preparing sheet mask all you need is clean cotton gauze or mask or sheet with few familiar herbal ingredients. Here are seven effective DIY face mask sheet recipes to target getting healthy skin.
For better skin tone we can use different home remedies. One popular remedy is face mask using different herbal ingredients. Turmeric, rose water, rose petals, hibiscus, Aloe gel, Mittani mitti, sandal wood paste are few examples of herbs that help skin to stay healthy and glow. Another important use of facial mask is to rejuvenate skin tissue and to reverse skin age. Instead of using chemicals and premade skin masks, natural and homemade facial masks are gaining popular. To keep skin from drying during summer and winter one DIY face mask sheet is helpful.
For all these recipes you need cotton gauze or mask sheet. If you get plain gauze make eye and mouth holes.
1. Serum recipe: Get oil that suits your skin – jajoba oil, coconut, sesame, almond or olive oil are preferred. Collect skin care herbs such as – rose petals, Centella or gotu kola, chamomile, Echinacea, turmeric chopped root and place in a jar. Now, pour oil over the herbs and let it cover at least an inch. Seal the jar and let oil and herbs get infused for at least 3-4 weeks. Don’t forget to shake it daily. If you don’t want wait that long, then heat the infusion and extract the serum. Dip face mask sheet in the serum and place it on your face for an hour or so.
2. Oils recipe – If you prefer not to use many herbs, then dip DIY sheet mask in rosehip and cruelty free squalene oil (from olives, rice bran and sugarcane source) mix. Place the sheet on face for an hour or so. Both rose hip and squalene oil have several health benefits including skin healing, preserving, anti-aging and moisturizing properties.
3. Herbs : Aloe vera juice combined with sandalwood powder, turmeric and rose water is good for skin. Dip DIY face mask sheet in this combination and place it on face for few minutes (half an hour to one hour).
4. Hydrosols: Hydrosols or flower waters are produced by distilling fresh flower petals, leaves and roots. They are aromatic and similar to essential oils. When compared to essential oils their aroma is much softer. Get hydrosols of rose petals or rose geranium. Mix it with Aloe vera juice and watermelon rind extract. Dip DIY sheet in this mix and apply on face
5. Tea and lemon juice: Prepare green tea and add lemon juice. If you prefer add little turmeric and mix well. Dip DIY sheet in this liquid and apply on face. Leave it for half an hour and rinse face. Green tea contains antioxidant that helps in rejuvenating skin cells and fights against premature aging of skin.
6. Rice water, honey and turmeric: Collect rice water and add one or 2 tsp turmeric and honey, mix well. Dip DIY sheet and apply on face. Leave it for half an hour and wash face.
7. Cucumber and Aloe juice: Grind cucumber and prepare thin paste. Mix with Aloe vera juice and honey. Dip DIY sheet in this mix. Apply on face and leave it for an hour.
In all these treatments one can also replace DIY face sheet with cotton. Dip cotton ball in the respective liquid and spread cotton on your face. Take precaution to not touch the eyes with any liquids and mixes. If you are buying the sheet from outside then, buy reusable sheets to keep your cost low and it is environmentally safe too.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: June 14, 2019