To boost immune system and reduce fatigue try this homemade traditional herbal chai or tea.
This tea contains nutmeg, cardamom, cinnamon, Hemidesmus root (Indian sarsaparilla or sugandhi), dry ginger, dried dandelion root, cloves, black pepper,
- Hemidesmus Indian Sarsaparilla roots are very fragrant. One can use fresh root or dried root. It is also called nannari root. It is a detoxifier, aphrodisiac, helps in digestion, reduces body inflammation and improves sleeping.
- Nutmeg relieves body pain, soothes indigestion and improved cognitive function. It is slightly sweet spice. It is good for insomnia, regulates blood pressure and is an important ingredient of Ayurvedic medicine and home remedies.
- We all know how clove is helpful – it relieves pain and good for digestion.
- Dandelion root – commonly known as kahnpool, Dandelion helps in cleansing liver, reduces body fat and contains fiber that helps in clear bowel movement.
- Cardamom seeds helps in calming the mind and increases nervous system strength. It has aphrodisiac property and helps in overcoming impotency. It reduces asthma and bronchitis by improving blood circulation.
- Black pepper – improves immune system, reduces microbial invasion. It is good for reducing cold, cough and flu symptoms.
- Ginger – Rich with antioxidant, ginger whether dry or raw is helpful is good for overall health – it reduces body inflammation and improves digestion.
- Cinnamon – Reduces bladder infection, reduces cholesterol level, good for arthritis condition and is an immune booster.
- Anise seeds – Improves metabolism and clears digestive system
How to make immune booster herbal chai?
Boil 3 cups of water. Add 1.5 tsp cinnamon powder, 1.5 tsp grated ginger or ginger powder, 1 tsp nutmeg powder or crushed nutmeg, ¼ tsp cardamom, 1 tsp dandelion root, 1 or 2 cloves, ¼ crushed black pepper, 1 tsp anise seeds and few nannari (Hemidesmus) crushed roots (or 1.5 tsp powder) and 2 lemon size jaggery. Boil the content for few minutes and turn off the heat.
Add milk or almond milk and strain. Drink this once or twice a day to get benefit.
Benefit of drinking this herbal tea is, it reduces body inflammation, it is immune system booster and fatigue goes away.
- Avoid soda, caffeinated drinks if you take this herbal tea. Caffeinated drinks and soda can interfere with active ingredients of the above-mentioned herbs in the tea.
Remedy: Online grandma. Healthylife.werindia.com
Image references: www.werindia.com, Flora of India
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: May 10, 2018