Just like skin, lips will have dead skin on the surface and it is essential to exfoliate the lips or sometimes during certain time of the seasons dry lips causes problems. People also face lip discoloration due several reasons. Naturally pink lips suddenly or overtime will start turning dark due to following reasons – Low blood sugar, frostbite, tobacco use, deficiency of certain vitamins, medications, drugs, health issues and sometimes during pregnancy.
Many will use lip masks or scrub to exfoliate lips. Likewise one can use certain natural remedies at home to treat lips using simple kitchen ingredients, fruits, vegetables, oil etc.
To bring back color of lips or to keep original color as well as soft lips texture one can try DIY remedies at home.
- Sugar and honey scrub: This mixer not only slough off dead skin, also moisturizes the lips. Mix brown sugar and honey. Scrub the mix morning lightly on lips to get rid of dead skin. Honey helps acts as moisturizer and keeps lips soft.
- Use aloe vera: Wash and collect aloe vera gel. Add this gel to honey, sugar mix. Applying this mix on lips and leave it for about ten minutes. Wash using warm water. You can feel smooth lips.
- Strawberries: Cut a strawberry and mash it. To this add a little vitamin E oil and mix. To this add little coffee powder which acts as exfoliant. Apply the mix on lips and leave it for few minutes. Wash using warm water. Strawberry contains ellagic acid that protects skin.
- Coconut oil, honey and sugar with yogurt: First mix coconut oil and sugar. Apply and scrub the lips to remove dead skin. Wipe using clean cloth. Next use mixture of honey and yogurt to apply on lips. Leave it for finve minutes followed by a wash using warm water. Apply little Aloe vera gel on the lips to get soft effect.
- Beetroot for lips: After washing face, take grated beetroot and lightly apply on lips. Beetroot not only makes your lips attractive, it gives pink shade to lips. Wash using warm water after few minutes.
- Pomegranate juice and honey: Mix these two ingredients and apply on lips. After 10-15 minutes wash using warm water. You will notice smoother lips with a light pink tint.
- Avocado and honey: Scrape avocado fleshy portion a little and mix with little honey. Avocado naturally contains vitamin E that helps skin. Apply this mix on lips and leave it for few minutes. Wash and apply little Vaseline to keep the moisturizer effect.
- Strawberry and coconut oil: Just mix these two – mash strawberry and add coconut oil. Apply this mix on lips. To avoid iriitation, after washing lips apply little coconut oil or Vaseline on lips.
- Castor oil sugar scrub: Mix castor oil and brown sugar. If you are hesitant about castor oil taste, add little vanilla extract to get sweet odor. Add couple of drops of vitamin E oil. Mix and apply on lips, after few minutes wash using warm water.
- Pomegranate, beetroot or raspberry juice: Dab a little of any of these three juices on lips. You can mix the juice with few drops of honey and apply. Leave it for half an hour. Honey acts as moisturizer and any of these juices will give pink hue to lips.
- Priming lips: Before applying lipstick, gently apply almond oil or coconut oil on lips. Wait for few minutes and then apply lipstick. Applying the oil helps lips from harsh chemicals and keeps moisture intact.
To keep lips in good, healthy and natural color condition:
- Avoid tobacco products
- Remove makeup and lipstick before going to bed.
- Apply almond and coconut oil regularly
- Include tomato, watermelon, berries, coconut, walnut, yogurt, green tea in your diet.
- Use honey and aloe vera regularly to rejuvenate lip and to keep lips pink and healthy.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: April 22, 2022