Facial warts are common and are mostly harmless.
Also known as skin tags, warts can happen due to some skin condition, viral infection (normally HPV infection), nutrient deficiency or can be hereditary.
For some many warts appear on face and neck and can be annoying.
There are different home remedies to get rid of warts.
- Castor oil: To dissolve warts apply castor oil on warts before going to bed and let it stay overnight. Wash face in the morning.
- Apple cider vinegar: Dip a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and place it over the warts. Cover with a bandage. Keep this for half a day and remove.
- Marigold leaves: Extract juice from marigold plant leaves by crushing leaves. Apply this on warts to remove warts.
- Garlic: Cut garlic cloves to thin slices. Keep a slice on wart and apply Band-Aid on it. Remove band aid after few hours or next day. You will see shrinking of warts. Repeat this few times a week and you will see disappearance of wart.
- Onion juice: Apply onion juice on warts at bed time and leave it overnight. Wash face next morning with mild soap.
- Raw fig juice: Raw un-ripened fig juice is milky and can be obtained when you cut raw fruits. Apply this juice on warts using cotton ball few times a day.
- Citric acid: Lemon juice contains citric acid. Applying citric acid on warts shrinks warts and eventually it disappears.
- Essential oils: Clove oil, tee tree oil, eucalyptus oil, Santolina oil are helpful too! Using cotton ball dip any one of these oils and place it on wart. After applying cover wart with band-aid. Leave it for few hours and wash face.
- Pineapple: Cut pineapple into small pieces and place on warts directly for several times of the day.
- Baking powder and castor oil: Mix baking powder and castor oil to make a paste. Apply this overnight on warts. Do this daily till you see changes.
- Aloe vera gel: Fresh Aloe vera gel from cut leaves is good to dissolve warts. Aloe gel contains malic acid that reduces warts size. Make sure to wash Aloe gel few times before applying on skin.
Along with above mentioned home remedies, to fight infection boost your immune system with good nutrients.
Including zinc, turmeric, vitamin C, good fat, olives, citrus fruits in diet helps to reduce warts. If wart is too big and painful and does not stop growing contact your doctor for further examination.
Image courtesy: Google
Published by: Sumana Rao | Posted on: July 26, 2018