Our habits, routines and lifestyle can cause fatigue and tiredness. Sometimes temporarily, one can feel fatigue. If so, there are few natural ways to overcome temporary sluggishness and tiredness in day-to-day life.
1. Expose yourself to Sun: Sun rays boosts energy in the body in the form of serotonin which is a natural happy hormone. Sunlight tells brain and body when to get active. For some people the winter months can be the hardest time to fight fatigue due to short days and lack of sunshine. During winter if Sun comes out, sit on a chair near window and let sun rays fall on you.
2. Drink potato water!: You need one unpeeled potato and 8 ounces of water for this remedy. Slice up the and add to a glass of water. Allow it to steep overnight in the fridge, and drink first thing in the morning.
3. Try ginseng, honey and lemon water: To 1 cup water add a Tbs of ginseng root and bring it to boil. Add honey and lemon drops for taste and drink in the morning.
4. Lemon juice with saffron: Squeeze 1/2 lemon juice and add it to 2 cups of water. Add little cardamom powder and few saffron. Add sugar and a pinch of salt. Mix well and drink
5. Eat yogurt: Eat a cup of yogurt in the afternoon.
6. Pineapple and honey: Dip pineapple pieces in honey and have once a day.
7. Licorice root: To one tsp of dried licorice root add few drops of honey and mix in a cup of water and drink.
8. Magnesium: Always keep magnesium rich food in the kitchen. High magnesium foods like nuts, seeds, beans, whole grains, avocados, yogurt, bananas, dried fruit, dark chocolate are helpful when you feel fatigue due to hunger.
9. Say no to fatty food: Your fatigue may be due to fatty food intake. For 4 to 5 days avoid fatty food and see how you feel.
10. Say no to alcohol: Alcohol affects central nervous system and causes lathery and fatigue. Avoid alcohol or reduce its consumption.
11. Good sleep: Aim for restful sleep. Get good sleep. Sleeping very late and getting up too early or disturbance in sleep can be reason for fatigue. If so, change your habit.
12. Dieting: If you are into weight loss and diet is not going well, then it can be a reason for your fatigue. Eat well three times a day and cut down on snacks. Include more fruits, vegetables and fresh fruit juice to bring back your energy.
13. Healthy snack: Combine complex carbohydrates and protein and eat a healthy snack like apple-peanut butter or cracker with cheese. Body will digest this type of snack slowly and blood sugar level will be normal.
14. Breakfast: Never skip your breakfast. Breakfast is what keeps you energetic during the day.
15. Drinking water: Drink water and hydrate. Dehydration is another reason for fatigue.
16. Music: Have your play list ready and listen to your favorite songs. Certain music can also boost your focus during everyday tasks.
17. Yoga and meditation: Get onto yoga mat and do your favorite pose. Try to challenge yourself a bit and focus. Meditation with breathing helps to bring back energy.
18. Feel good about yourself: Do not get frustrated. Certain condition that you might have may be the reason for fatigue. Find out what makes your mind and body both energetic. This way you will start feeling good about what you know about yourself and what makes you energetic.
19. Walk and exercise: A simple walk for few minutes will also helps you to come out from fatigue. Group exercise motivates you to get into mood and energizes definitely. Engage in daily low-level exercise, such as gentle stretching and walking – this relieves any stress and body pain associated with fatigue.
If the fatigue is due to some hidden condition and is not going away then it is better to consult your doctor.
Image credit: Photo by Kinga Cichewicz on Unsplash
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: January 12, 2017