Reducing the butt fat is a challenge for anybody. Most our weight that we gain will be in the thighs and butt area. To put on fat in these two areas, it takes many years and we cannot expect a overnight change to reduce both areas. One need patience and good work out to reduce. To the stubborn fat sitting in the butt and to tone those muscles surrounding both butt and thighs one need to learn proper poses and excellent exercise. Working on glutes helps to reduce the fat. If you are not a fan of vigorous body work out and running, then yoga and Pilates can sure help you to tone butt and thighs both. There are many poses that help to reduce and tone the butt muscles.
- High lunge pose: To fire up glute try high lunge pose. It is a glute-activating pose. Add a small bend to the back leg and it intensifies the workout.
- Side Plank Pose: This pose not only strengthen the glute, also maintains a firm butt. Learn how to do side plank properly. Any misalignment can cause strain and will hurt wrists and hips. Always keep hip away from the floor, do not sink in the pose.
- Chair pose: One of the best butt workout. Maintain your alignment with straight back, stay aligned from neck to hip. Lifting feet for few seconds will add extra workout and firms butt.
- Yogi squat: Malasana- Also known as yoga squats or garland pose helps to fire up the glutes. Chest must be aligned with thighs and lift the hips until the thighs are parallel to ground. This pose also works on inner thigh muscle and firms up the butt.
- Fire hydrant lift: Go on knees to table top position. Use the glutes to lift leg to 90-degree angle away from the body. Rotate the lifted leg to add little more workout on glute. Or move the lifted leg slowly away from the body to firm the butt.
- Warrior 1 & 3: Both warriors poses 1 and 3 are great for butt firming. Both will work on gluteus maximus, medial hamstring and adductor magnus muscles. Makes the butt firm and stronger.
- Locust pose: Lifting legs and thighs 2 to 4 inches from the ground without hurting back is the key for this pose. Hold the pose for few seconds and release. While holding the pose tighten the glute and this firms up butt.
- Dance Pose : Also known as Natarajasna, dance pose is good pose to strengthen thigh muscles, leg and glute. It firms up glute with each practice. Hold pose for 13-30 seconds. This pose needs focusing and balancing to stand on legs. Tighten the glute while holding the pose.
- Half Moon Pose : Half moon pose have same effect as warrior 3 pose. Hold pose for 15 to 30 seconds. It works magic on thigh and glute, and both shapes up well.
- Triangle Posture : To reduce butt fat, try triangle pose. It tones waistline, armpit area and reduces fat in the buttocks!
- Donkey kick: A Pilate pose very effective to sculpt butt. On mat start with table pose. Do not sink stomach, hold the core tight. Keep your abdomen and butt firm. Arms must be flat on mat. Pointing toes, lift and kick left and right foot alternatively towards ceiling. Squeeze the glute while kicking the feet.
- Single leg lifts and kick: Lie on left or right side. Rest your head on your hand. Keep the opposite leg stacked on another leg in diagonal line. Use another hand to stabilize on the mat. Flex both feet and lift the top leg slowly to hip height and kick front and back (do not over stretch). Repeat on both sides. – This is one of the best Pilate exercise to tone thighs and reduce butt fat.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: November 5, 2019