Punjabi aam pickle is rich in flavor and color has all good ingredients. It is easy to make and can be stored for longtime.
- 2 kg mango -Cut into small size
- 100 gm fenugreek seeds
- 50 gm coarsely ground red pepper
- 60 gm onion seeds
- 100 gm fennel seeds
- 2 Tbsp black peppercorns
- 50 gm turmeric powder
- 300 gm salt
- Half to one liter mustard oil
- Mix all the spices together and add half a cup of oil to the mix. Sprinkle a little of this mixture into the jar.
- Take some mangoes and add into spice mixture, mix well. Place another layer of mango pieces and add spice mixture. Repeat this till the mango pieces and spice mixes used up. If there is any spice mixture left, add it on the top of the layers.
- Add remaining oil on top of the contents so that, the mango pieces and spice mix has to cover with oil.
- For about a week, keep the jar under the bright Sun.
After a week remove the jar from Sun. Punjabi pickle is ready to serve with rotis, paratha or chapatti.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: December 31, 2015