The nutrition circle appears under 3D pyramid is divided into six food groups: cereals and potatoes; vegetables; fruits; milk and dairy products; meat, sausages, fish and eggs; and fats and oils. The circle is divided into food groups with numbers representing the quantity to consume, 1 being eat most 6 eat least and 7 includes water which sits in the middle. An interesting message they promote is ‘Do not overcook your meals’ and they also note the importance of meal times by including ‘Allow plenty of time for eating and enjoy mealtimes’. On the bottom of 3D pyramid one can see nutrition circle.
- Eat plenty of cereals, preferably wholegrain, and potatoes.
- Vegetables and fruits – eat ‘five-a-day’. Drink milk and eat dairy products every day; fish once or twice a week; and meat, sausages and eggs in moderation.
- Eat small quantities of fat and high-fat foods.
- Eat/use sugar and salt only occasionally and in moderation.
- Drink plenty of fluids, at least 1.5 litres every day.
- Do not overcook your meals.
- Allow plenty of time for eating and enjoy mealtimes.
- Watch your weight and stay active.
Published by: Sumana Rao | Posted on: January 8, 2016