Mustard oil has about 60% monounsaturated fatty acids (42% erucic acid and 12% oleic acid); it has about 21% polyunsaturated fats. Mustard oil has had contradictory reputations in different parts of the world over the years. It is a very popular oil on the Indian Subcontinent, specifically in the Eastern parts of India and in Bangladesh. In other part of the world it is often considered toxic, irritable and not suitable for edible purposes. In few countries, it is sold as a massage oil reserved for external application only.
- Improved digestion and builds appetite
- Fights germs and other microorganisms
- Good for preventing cold, cough and skin problems
- It promotes sweating and helps in removing toxins!
- Aids in stimulating blood circulation
- Helps prevent hair loss!
- Good preservative
- Protects gum and teeth