Situated in the Sarguja district in Chhattisgarh, Jogimara and Sita Bengra Caves claim to be the oldest theatres in the world. These caves are located in a beautiful natural setting and to add to the effect, both the caves can be reached through a natural tunnel, which is called Hathipol (as even elephants can pass through this tunnel). According to legends, in these caves lived Rama, Sita and Lakshman during their exile. Hence comes the name Sita Bengra – “Residence of Sita”. There are many ancient paintings and inscriptions that one can find in these caves.
Know about WeRIndia
- How To Get Rid Of The Red Spots On The Face
- Eating less salt may not lower your BP, says study
- Times When Anushka Sharma Has Worn Yellow
- Forgotten Graveyards From Around The World!
- Obesity amplifies genetic risk of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease
- Kareena Kapoor Shows How To Beat The Heat In Masaba Gupta