The guidelines were developed in a process led by the Grenada Food and Nutrition Institute, the Institute of Nutrition of Central America and Panama and the Caribbean Food and Nutrition Institute. The guidelines are targeted at the healthy population over 2 years of age. The graphical representation of Grenada’s dietary guidelines is a nutmeg cut in half. Inside one of the halves of the nutmeg the recommended food groups are represented. Images of physical activity surround the nutmeg. Nutrition guidelines summary:
- Eat a variety of foods.
- Eat larger amounts of fruits and colorful vegetables.
- Eat less fatty, oily, greasy and barbequed foods.
- Consume less salt, salty foods, salty seasonings and salty snacks.
- Choose to use less sweet foods and drinks.
- Drink more water. It’s the healthier choice.
- Drink little or no alcohol.
- Be more physically active every day. Get moving!
Published by: Sumana Rao | Posted on: January 8, 2016