Somewhat similar to Benarasi Red chilli pickle with additional ingredients, green chilli pickle is favorite of spice lovers. Here is the recipe:
- 15-20 green Serrano chili peppers
- 3 tablespoons coriander
- 1-1/2 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon asafetida
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon mango powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 mustard oil preferred
- Wash and dry the chilies and cut a vertical lengthwise slit. Combine coriander, fennel, and fenugreek seeds. Grind coarsely. Add salt, mango powder, and turmeric to the ground spices. Mix well.
- Heat oil until quite hot, and pour over the dry ingredient mixture. Mix well.
- Stuff the spice mix into the green peppers and place in a glass jar.
- Keep the jar under direct sunlight for a day or two.
- Green chilli pickle is ready to serve with food of your choice – curd rice, paratha, rotis, rice dishes etc.