Capsaicin content that is present in chilli makes it medicinal herb. It clears congestion, relieves pain, reduce blood cholesterol, good for osteoarthritis, helps to stop prostate cancer, prevents stomach ulcer, easy digestion and recent studies show that chilli also helps to reduce weight. Stuffed with good herbs Benarasi red chilli pickle is delicious and anybody who wants to consume chilli in a friendly form can get benefit out of this.
- 1 red chilli pepper
- 1 3/4 cup amchoor or dry mango powder
- 2 1/2 cup powdered mustard seeds
- 1 1/4 cup fenugreek powder
- 1 cup powdered fennel seeds
- 1 1/2 Tbsp asafetida
- 1 cup salt
- 1/2 cup turmeric powder
- 4 cups mustard oil
- Remove the stalk of the red peppers and cut around the base. This should create an opening to fill spices.
- Mix all other ingredients by adding 1/4 cup oil.
- Stuff this mix inside red peppers, pressing the filling in firmly, so that it is tightly stuffed.
- Dip each red pepper into the oil and place in the container, one by one.
- Pour the remaining oil on the stuffed red peppers.
- Keep this pickle under the sun for about a week.
- Serve the stuffed Benarasi red chilli achar with your choice of main course.