Carrot is a fibrous, healthy vegetable rich with carotene. Carrot is considered as one of the healthiest vegetable. It is good as antioxidant, helps in easy digestion, has anti-cancer benefit, good for vision health. The pickle made with carrot is delicious, easy to make and can be done within 15 minutes..
- 250 gm carrots
- 3 Tbsp powdered mustard seeds
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp chilli powder
- 1/2 cup mustard oil
- Peel the carrots, and cut them to an inch pieces, not too thin.
- Mix all ingredients together, and put the mixture into a clean jar with a tight lid.
- Leave in the sun for about a week and shake the bottle once a day to mix well.
- Have carrot pickle with rotis, chapatti, bread, curd rice, pulav rice etc. It can be added to curd while preparing raita for various rice dishes.
Published by: Sumana Rao | Posted on: December 31, 2015