Bananas are considered as the fruit of wise men.
More than 100 billion bananas are eaten throughout the world in a year!
- In botanical terms bananas are berries. This popular edible variety cannot be grown by seeds.
- A cluster of banana is called hand and single on is finger.
- Bananas get artificially ripened after shipping to distributions to get one of seven banana shades. Bananas are too delicate to ship ripened. For this reason, distribution facilities use extremely precise storage technology to ripen the bananas before sending to market. The most popular shades depend on retailer’s size and target market. In Western markets people does not like fully ripened bananas and they like it be greener and half ripened. Whereas Latin Americans and Asians like full yellow color bananas. Depending on consumers presence and demand in the store bananas would be ripened and sold.
- Americans eat an average of 27 pound bananas per person per year. Nearly 51% of bananas are eaten for breakfast.
- Report says because of potassium content banana can be radioactive to small extent!
- Bananas are low in calories and supply potassium, digestive fiber, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, tryptophan.
Image Courtesy: Gulfnews
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: January 4, 2018