Fenugreek leaves and seeds
Fenugreek is such a lovely, wonderful plant. Yes, it is little bitter but has wonderful medicinal properties and very nutritious too. Known as methi in India- leaves, stems and seeds of this plant has magical benefits. It is a very good vegetable and has been in use from centuries. Ayurveda mentions the use of this plant in controlling various conditions.
- Lowers blood cholesterol: It contains saponins that prevent absorption of fats that are responsible for buildup of cholesterol.
- Good friend of heart: Presence of Galactomannan and potassium makes it a friend of heart.
- Controls blood sugar level: It also contains amino acid responsible for inducing the production of insulin.
- Helps digestion: It contains fiber and antioxidants that helps to remove toxic waste from the body.
- Lose weight: Chewing soaked methi seeds in the morning on an empty stomach help in suppressing the appetite and aids in weight loss.
How to use? See all recipes in www.healthylife.werindia.com
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: February 22, 2021
Write a comment