Fenugreek is such a lovely, wonderful plant. Yes, it is little bitter but has wonderful medicinal properties and very nutritious too. Known as methi in India- leaves, stems and seeds of this plant has magical benefits. It is a very good vegetable and has been in use from centuries. Ayurveda mentions the use of this plant in controlling various conditions.
- Lowers blood cholesterol: It contains saponins that prevent absorption of fats that are responsible for buildup of cholesterol.
- Good friend of heart: Presence of Galactomannan and potassium makes it a friend of heart.
- Controls blood sugar level: It also contains amino acid responsible for inducing the production of insulin.
- Helps digestion: It contains fiber and antioxidants that helps to remove toxic waste from the body.
- Lose weight: Chewing soaked methi seeds in the morning on an empty stomach help in suppressing the appetite and aids in weight loss.
How to use? See all recipes in www.healthylife.werindia.com
Published by: HealthyLife | Posted on: January 4, 2019