This mushroom looks like mini trumpet and has pleasant aromatic nature. It shines like a golden flower from distance and available in many parts of tropical countries. It is also known as egg mushroom or golden chanterelle. When in season there is a high demand for Chanterelle mushroom and is one of the prime verities of mushroom that is cultivated widely.
It is also a popular mushroom with culinary experts in Europe, United States and Asian countries. The beautiful appearance of the golden looking mushroom makes it bit pricy. When buying these mushrooms, one should look for fragrance and golden color. Do not buy chanterelle mushroom if it turned black or dark.
- It is good ingredient for dishes and contains good medicinal value:
- Anti-inflammatory property is due to ergosterol
- It has Anti-microbial property
- It contains Vitamin C, D and potassium
- They are excellent source of riboflavin, pantothenic acid, niacin and vitamin B complex
- It also known to improve liver function.
- Helps in platelet recovery and accumulation.
Image credit: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:2007-08-05_Omphalotus_illudens_(Schwein.)Bresinsky%26_Besl_1018098506.jpg
Jason Hollinger / CC BY (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: December 8, 2017