- Black pepper – 1 tsp
- Dry ginger – ½ inch
- Cumin -1 tsp
- Jaggery – 2 Tbsp
- Water – 2 cups
- Milk – 1 cup
- Crush black pepper and cumin seeds. Or make coarse powder.
- Crush ginger using a mortar (if powder is available, you can use dry ginger powder too)
- Boil water and jaggery. Wait until jaggery dissolves.
- Now add black pepper, ginger, cumin into boiling jaggery water. Continue boiling for another 4 minutes.
- Strain and add boiled milk. Drink when it is hot.
Best for winter season. All three herbs are known to reduce symptoms of flu, cough and cold. Reduces joint pain.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: January 11, 2018