Are you vegan and looking for a simple dessert? Here is a vegan sweet that contains no animal products. It tastes delicious because of the wonderful fruit – mango. Of course, mango has several rich nutrients including antioxidants, vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin B6 etc. It is rich in fiber and is a immune booster. Mango fruit have been found to protect against colon, breast, leukemia and prostate cancers.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Fine semolina (rava)-1/2 cup
- Cashew and almond nuts – 2 Tbs – chopped
- Water -1/2 cup (boiling water)
- Saffron -About 8 strands
- Cooking oil – 1 to 2 tsp
- Sugar – 1 Tbs
- Mango puree – 1 cup (Alphonso or any other brand)
- Coconut cream (optional)
- Heat oil in a pan and add nuts. Fry them till they turn golden brown
- Add semolina and roast until it releases fragrance.
- Boil one cup of water and add this to semolina followed by sugar and mango puree.
- Mix well under low or medium flame. If ripened mango is available add few pieces of mango to semolina along with mango puree.
- Close the lid and allow semolina to cook for 2-5 minutes. In between, mix the contents. If needed sprinkle little more water.
- Once semolina cooks turn off the heat and garnish with almond slivers. If you prefer add coconut cream on top.
- Serve while it is hot. If you prefer add coconut cream on top of the mango-semolina sweet while serving.
Published by: HealthyLife | Posted on: August 30, 2016