Neem is one of the most popular medicinal plant and has several health benefits. To understand the health benefits of neem plant please read this article in grandma’s remedies category.
Today we are presenting a tasty Neem flower masala rice recipe. It is easy to prepare and has unique taste and nutty flavor into it.
1. Cooked rice – 1.5 cup
2. Dried neem flower – 2-3 Tbsp
3. Cashew – Few
4. Pepper – Crushed 2 tsp
5. Curry leaves – Chopped ½ cup
6. Salt – As per your taste
7. Clarified butter or ghee – 1 Tbsp
8. Grated coconut – ¼ cup
9. For seasoning – 1 tsp urad daal, 1 tsp chenna daal, 1 tsp mustard, chopped 2 green chillies
10. Chopped cilantro -1/4 cup
11. Asafetida – pinch
Dry neem flowers are available in stores. If not, collect neem flowers, rinse in water and dry under sunlight for 3-5 days.
1. Heat a pan under medium heat and add ghee.
2. To heated ghee add cashews and seasoning items.
3. Add dried neem flowers and curry leaves and roast it for couple of minutes.
4. Add crushed pepper and asafetida continue mixing under low flame
5. Add cooked rice and salt, mix well under low flame.
6. Now add chopped coriander leaves, grated coconut, and little lemon juice (option).
7. Turn off the heat and serve neem flower rice with your choice of raita.
Adding few fried buttermilk chillies adds more taste to neem flower masala rice
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: November 27, 2018