Before this mango season gets over, try preparing mango ice cream at home.
It requires fewer ingredients and easy to prepare at home. Mango ice cream is favorite of both kids and adults.
One can get concentrated mango pulp and prepare mango ice cream in all seasons.
It contains condensed milk and whipping cream. It means, it is bit heavy on calories (about 200).
Instead of consuming large cup whenever you consume mango ice cream satisfy yourself with small portion, small cup!
- Mango puree – 2 cups (you can also extract from 6 good size mangos)
- Condensed milk – 1 cup
- Heavy or whipping cream – 1.5 cups
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Saffron – a pinch
- Pista – few
- Freeze the freezer bowl in advance overnight.
- In a blender condensed milk and whipping cream and whip them together to get a smooth texture. Transfer to freezer bowl and keep aside.
- Blend mango puree with cardamom powder, pista and saffron (you can add little lemon juice) to smooth texture
- Add blended mango puree to condensed milk, whipping cream mixture and stir the mix.
- Smoothen the top of the mix using back of the spoon.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on top of the mix and cover with a wrapper and freeze the bowl.
- If you want rolled scoops freeze the mango ice cream bowl for more than six hours.
- If you want soft ice cream then less than 3 hours freezing is enough.
- Serve the mango ice cream in cones or serving cups.
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: May 9, 2019