Fall is setting in and soon we will have winter. Everybody wants something hot and spicy to keep the body warm. This is the best season to grab soup that soothes our itchy throat and cold. Well, it is Halloween month too -as Disney channel says “monstober” month. Let us see…. what vegetable is available in this monstober month? Of course, it is pumpkin season – and here is a delicious pumpkin- pasta soup recipe for soup lovers. Kids will love this because of pasta! It is simple and easy to prepare because most ingredients of this soup should be readily available at your home.
- 1 box rigatoni pasta or ravioli pasta (your choice)
- One can pumpkin or 250 grams pumpkin (cooked )
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 6 medium cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped (about 2 tablespoon)
- Half a cup coconut milk (optional) or cream 1 tbs
- 1/2 Potato
- 1/2 cup cut onions
- 1/2 green chili
- Pepper powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic paste
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- cilantro for garnishing (if scallion is available it can be used with cilantro)
1. In a large pot, place ½ gallon of water and cumin and bring to a boil.
2. Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and set aside. In a pressure cooker, boil pumpkin, potato and green chilli.
3. While pasta is cooking, place oil in medium saucepan over medium heat.
4. Sauté onion, ginger and garlic till they become slightly brown and soft.
5. Add cooked pumpkin, potato and bring to simmer for 15 more minutes.
6. Add coconut milk, pepper powder and sugar then bring back to simmer.
7. Once the mix cools down to room temperature, grind in a wet mixer.
8. Season with salt and lime juice.
9. Add pasta and garnish with scallion stems and freshly chopped cilantro.
10. Add little butter on top and serve hot for dinner with bread rolls.
Image courtesy: Pinterest
Published by: HealthyLife | Posted on: October 22, 2015